How to See Your Frames per Second (FPS) in Games
What is FPS?
FPS stands for frames per second. It is a measure of how many times per second an image is drawn on the screen. A higher FPS means a smoother and more responsive gaming experience.
Why is FPS important?
FPS is important for gamers because it can affect the overall look and feel of a game. A low FPS can make a game look choppy and unresponsive, while a high FPS can make a game look smooth and fluid.
How to see your FPS
There are a few different ways to see your FPS in games. One common way is to use the game’s built-in FPS counter. Many games have a built-in FPS counter that can be enabled in the game’s settings.
To enable the FPS counter in a game, open the game’s settings and look for a section called “Display” or “Graphics”. In this section, there should be an option to enable the FPS counter.
Once you have enabled the FPS counter, it will be displayed in the game somewhere. The location of the FPS counter will vary depending on the game. However, it is usually displayed in the corner of the screen.
Another way to see your FPS is to use a third-party FPS counter. There is a number of different third-party FPS counters available online. Some popular third-party FPS counters include:
- MSI Afterburner
- RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS)
To use a third-party FPS counter, simply download and install it on your computer. Once you have installed the FPS counter, open it and start your game. The FPS counter will then be displayed in the game somewhere.
Play a game to test FPS, you can use one of the following methods:
- Use the game’s built-in FPS counter. This is the simplest way to test your FPS. However, not all games have a built-in FPS counter.
- Use a third-party FPS counter. This is a good option if the game you are playing does not have a built-in FPS counter.
- Use a benchmark tool. A benchmark tool is a software program that can be used to test the performance of your computer hardware. Many benchmark tools include an FPS test.
To test your FPS using a benchmark tool, simply download and install the benchmark tool on your computer. Once you have installed the benchmark tool, open it and start the FPS test. The benchmark tool will then run a series of tests and display your FPS at the end of the test.
How to improve your FPS
If you are not happy with your FPS, there are a few things you can do to improve it:
- Lower the game’s graphics settings. The game’s graphics settings have a big impact on FPS. Lowering the graphics settings will improve your FPS, but it will also make the game look worse.
- Upgrade your computer hardware. If you have an older computer, it may not be able to handle the latest games at high graphics settings. Upgrading your computer hardware, such as your graphics card and CPU, will improve your FPS.
- Overclock your computer hardware. Overclocking is the process of increasing the clock speed of your computer hardware. Overclocking can improve your FPS, but it can also make your computer less stable.
Seeing your FPS in games can be a helpful way to troubleshoot performance issues and optimize your settings for a better gaming experience. There are a number of different ways to see your FPS, including using the game’s built-in FPS counter, using a third-party FPS counter, or using a benchmark tool. If you are not happy with your FPS, there are a few things you can do to improve it, such as lowering the game’s graphics settings, upgrading your computer hardware, or overclocking your computer hardware.